Masala Chai Cake
Ingredients (Chai Tea):Milk250g
Garam Masala Spice (McCormick)5g
Ingredients (Brown Butter Glaze):Salted Butter120g
Ingredients (Cake):Salted Butter180g
All Purpose Flour50g
Skinless Hazelnut (Roasted)50g
Baking Step (Chai Tea):
- Add all ingredients in a pot, bring to boil at medium heat. Remove pot from heat and let chai tea cool to room temperature.
Baking Step (Brown Butter Glaze):
- Cook salted butter in a pan at medium heat for about 2 – 4 minutes, until it turn brown like caramelize sugar. Add cardamom powder.
- Remove from heat, add icing sugar in several parts and keep mixing simultaneously.
- Add milk and mix until glaze consistency.
Baking Step (Cake):
- Preheat oven at 170°C.
- Beat salted butter and golden mix at slow speed for 1 minute.
- Scrape sides of bowl, mix at high speed for 5 minutes.
- At slow speed, gradually add in chai tea and mix until well combined.
- Switch to medium speeds and mix for another 2 minutes. Lastly fold in all-purpose flour and roasted hazelnut.
- Pour 300g batter at octagonal chrysanthemum tin bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Lastly glaze on cake while glaze is still warm.