Mauri Sweet Bun Improver 5g
Mauripan Instant Yeast15g
Polo Bun Topping
Unsalted Butter (Softened)190g
All Purpose Flour285g
Salted Egg & Kaya Filling
Unsalted Butter (Softened)340g
General Purpose Flour65g
Full Cream Milk170g
Mauri Salted Egg Yolk Kularome13g
Mauri Raya Paste+/-
For Egg Wash
- Transfer Ingredients A into the mixing bowl.
- Mix ingredients A with mixer at low speed for about 1 min.
- Add in Ingredients B into the mixing bowl.
- Mix for about 7 mins (or until the “clean bowl” is observed).
- Add in the butter.
- Mix until the dough is well-developed (about 8 mins).
- Rest the dough for 10 mins.
- Divide the dough into 50 g dough.
- Round and rest the dough for 5 mins.
- Using paddle attachment, beat butter and icing sugar together at low speed for 30s until combined.
- Scrap down the bowl, mix at medium speed for 3 mins. Using slow speed, slowly add in eggs within 2 min, and mix for another 1 mins at medium speed until combined.
- Scrap down the bowl, add in flour and baking soda, mix for 1 minutes at low speed until fully combined.
- Cover and keep in the chiller.
- Using a paddle attachment, weigh all ingredients into the mixing bowl and beat at low speed for around 2 mins until fully combined.
- Pipe 20g onto a tray and freeze until solid.
- Take out from the freezer and roll into a ball.
- Keep in the freezer before use.
- Take a 50g of dough, flatten it.
- Pipe 15g of kaya and place the salted egg filling into the dough and wrap.
- Take 18g of polo bun topping, flatten it.
- Wrap the top of the bun and score topping with lattice press prior to proofing.
- Proof the dough at 35°C, 85% RH for about 40 – 45min.
- Egg wash the polo bun topping.
- Bake at 205°C (top) and 180°C (bottom) for 10 – 12 mins.
- Cool the breads at the cooling rack before serving.