Mauri Custard Powder17g
Evaporated Milk435g Arrow Vanilla Kularome6g
Purple Sweet Potato Sponge Cake
Mauri Purple Sweet Potato Cake Mix 400g
- Prepare two 8.5 inch x 8.5 inch square cake tin and lightly spray with oil.
- Add sugar and water into a pot and bring to boil until light caramel colour. Pour 150g caramel into the cake tin. Set aside and let it cool down before use.
- In a mixing bowl, add in egg yolk, whole eggs and Mauri Custard Powder. Mix well with hand whisk. Gradually add in condensed milk, evaporated milk, Arrow Vanilla Kularome and mix well. Sieve the pudding mixture to get rid of any air bubbles and lumps.
- Pour 500g of the pudding mixture onto the cooled caramel and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add in whole eggs, water and Mauri Purple Sweet Potato Cake Mix.
- Using whisk, mix at slow speed for 1 minute. Scrap bowl then switch to high speed and mix for 6 minutes. Lastly switch to slow speed, add oil and mix for 30 seconds.
- Pour 650g batter onto the pudding mixture. Bake at 160°C (top heat) and 150°C (bottom heat) with water bath for 65 minutes. Baking conditions vary depending on the batter scaling weight and oven characteristic.
- 4. Remove from oven, invert cake onto a cake board and unmould from cake tin. Flip over and let it cool. Keep chill before serving.