Ingredients:Mauri Donut Mix 1000g
Mauripan Instant Yeast 20g
- Using a spiral mixer, combine donut mix with yeast and dry mix at slow speed for 1 min.
- Add in milk and eggs, mix at slow speed for 3 mins. Switch to high speed and mix for 1 min or until combined.
- Add butter and softener, mix at slow speed for 1 min. Change to high speed and mix for 4 mins or until 90% of window pane is achieved. (Temperature of final dough should be around 28°C)
- Rest dough for 10 mins. Sheet to 7mm and cut dough to 2 inch x 2 inch square shape.
- Proof the beignets at 35°C, with 75% humidity for 45 min.
- Remove from proofer and allow to dry for 15 minutes (until skin of donut is dry to touch).
- Fry beignets at 190°C, around 30 seconds each side.
- Remove from fryer and let cool before dusting with icing sugar.